We get it – it’s not everyday you go shopping for a new roof, so you’re not too sure on what to look for with roofing products.
Let us help you out. Exterior Remodel and Design has installed plenty of roofs with asphalt shingles in the Omaha area.
There are a few reasons for this:
- They are the most common, with over 75% of American roofs having them.
- They are the least expensive, costing homeowners about $50-$100 per square.
- They are one of the easiest to install, on just about any architectural style.
However, you might want to consider the downsides to having asphalt shingles as well:
- They have a low R-value (insulation value): Being a thin material, their resistance to heat (and cool) flow is very low.
- They have a shorter lifespan: Compared to other roofing shingles, asphalt shingles don’t last long, lasting from only 15 to 30 years.
- They are not Eco-friendly: They have the least-green roofing option to have on your roof and are not recyclable.
When considering asphalt shingles, ask yourself:
- How long will I be living in this house?
- How much monthly maintenance will I need to do?
- What is the weather like where I live?
If you need more assistance with roof products or roof repair and replacement, call Exterior Remodel & Design to get an expert’s opinion on your best roofing options.